Day 1. Arrival at Mfuwe International Airport.
Transfer to Wildlife Camp
Depending on time of flight meals will be arranged accordingly
Before dinner- Meet and greet rest of tour participants and tour-leader, discuss interests and ask some questions.
Typical daily schedule
- 05:15 Wake-up call and light breakfast at the restaurant
- 05:45 Drive to the main gate of the National Park
- 06:00 Photographic safari in a private vehicle with guide driver and a photography guide
- 10:00 Return to the lodge for a break
- 11:30 Brunch
- 12:30 Free time-(Make use of one of the hides available)
- 15:00 Tea and coffee and snack / briefing about afternoon program
- 15:30 Start the late afternoon and evening safari
- 18:00 Sun downers at a scenic spot in the park
- 18:30 Spotter in passenger front seat with a spotlight for nocturnal animals
- 19:30 Return to camp
- 20:30 Three-course dinner will be served
- 21:00 Free time
Depending on flight time breakfast will be served before transfer to Mfuwe International Airport.
- Casual talks, briefings or workshops appropriate to each day’s activities
- Flexible instruction topics to suit photographers of any skill level
- All safari activities (two game drives per day except day of arrival/departure)
- Use of photographic hides
- Services of the lodge guides & staff
- Relevant park fees
- All meals, national beer (Mosi),soft drinks and bottled water
- Laundry service
- Accommodation at Wildlife Camp
What is Not Included?
- International airfare and/or other transportation between your home and Mfuwe International Airport, Zambia
- Visas – $50.00 for Zambian tourist visa
- Travel Insurance
- Personal purchases (including curios, drinks not specified, telephone, etc.)
- Optional extra activities
Suggested Camera Gear and Clothing
- 2 Camera bodies (for peace of mind / fast switching of focal lengths)
- Spare memory cards, batteries and charger. Small multi outlet electric extension cord to charge 3 devices at one time
- Lenses: Long telephoto lens 300/400/500, 150-600 zoom or 100-400 zoom with 1.4/1.5 Tele converter, telephoto lens 70-200 or equivalent, Wide angle lens for wider wildlife images
- Flash (external), extra batteries, A flash bracket (Inexpensive ones available from Neewer, Vello and Stroboframe), flash off-shoe cord to eliminate ‘green-eye’ when photographing animals at night
- Notebook, laptop or additional storage devise
- Gimbal Head (vehicle has mount), please bring your own arca-swiss plates with you.
- Empty bean bag (rice to fill at camp)
- As a general guide, comfortable, casual, wash and wear clothes are recommended. Please note that muted colours are recommended for game viewing. Khaki, green, beige and neutral colours are recommended.
- Shirts with long sleeves (even in summer, as protection from the sun and mosquitoes).
- Shorts or a light skirt
- Jeans or safari trousers for evenings and cooler days
- A jacket, fleece or sweater is recommended for early morning and evening game drives
- Comfortable walking shoes and/or sandals
- Sun block, sunglasses, hat, insect repellent, moisturizer and lip-salve are all essentials
Booking & Payment
Every photographic tour need minimum of 4 people on tour otherwise will be cancelled and deposits paid will be returned.
First enquire about space on specific tour. If available ask to book and confirm booking by making required deposit.
Only payment via direct transfer is accepted or payment by Visa or MasterCard in camp-this must be pre-arranged.
Deposit are non-refundable on Confirmed tours with minimum required people on tour, if minimum requirements is not reached deposits will be returned.
If a tour is cut short and/or any of the services included in the price not used , there will be no refund.
Full payment is due 60 days before the tour start date.
59-30 days 50% of tour fee
29 or fewer before departure date 100% of tour fee